Thread: Touch Kobo Touch Firmware 2.0
View Single Post
Old 08-29-2012, 02:56 AM   #992
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
I can't comment on the reset behaviour as I can't get 2.1.1 installed on my Touch, but I am curious about the rest.

What do you mean by this:

Quote:
Originally Posted by DNSB View Post
While this might be an advantage for me when I copy an updated copy of a book to the KT since it would save me the trouble of having to power off/power on after deleting a book I am going to replace
Are you saying that if you have a book on the device and want to replace it with an updated version you:

- Delete the book using the Touch
- Power off the Touch and power it on again
- Connect to the computer and copy the book over

If so, what firmware version were you using? And how did you come to that sequence of step? And why?

I can see one reason. With FW 2.0.x, there is an issue if you delete using the Touch and then try and put another copy of the book on. A WiFi or desktop app sync between these steps will fix this. My quick test of power off and on didn't.

But, if you are updating a the version of an epub, you don't need to delete the book first. Replacing the book will do a lot of this, depending on the firmware version and the changes.

With FW 1.9.17, replacing the file worked fine unless there were major structure changes. In this case, you could get a reboot when reading the book. But generally, you could read, but navigating via the TOC didn't work. So, fixing spelling or the style sheet would be OK.

With FW 2.0.0, replacing the book usually caused to be deleted when the Touch started up.

With FW 2.0.2, it was mainly back to the 1.9.17 status. But, some changes, such as the title, could get it deleted.

I am running FW 2.0.2 now. When I delete a book using the Touch, I can't replace it until I do a WiFi or a desktop sync. If I try, it gets ignored when I disconnect the Touch. If I delete it from calibre, I can replace it straight away.

If you saw a behaviour different to this, I am interested in what it was. Or if I have the details wrong, correct me. Getting this right will help me with some other things I am doing.

Quote:
Weird and wonderful toys, these ereaders...
I suspect you were being polite when you said that.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote