Thread: Glo Kobo Firmware 2.3.1
View Single Post
Old 01-29-2013, 07:03 AM   #269
Tachikoma
Connoisseur
Tachikoma might easily be mistaken for a TexanTachikoma might easily be mistaken for a TexanTachikoma might easily be mistaken for a TexanTachikoma might easily be mistaken for a TexanTachikoma might easily be mistaken for a TexanTachikoma might easily be mistaken for a TexanTachikoma might easily be mistaken for a TexanTachikoma might easily be mistaken for a TexanTachikoma might easily be mistaken for a TexanTachikoma might easily be mistaken for a TexanTachikoma might easily be mistaken for a Texan

Device: Kobo Glo
Quote:
Originally Posted by ironflute View Post
I'm having the same problems. Right out of the box. I dump some books to the internal memory, eject it, it processes them, and when I go to page through the list of books, it locks. Sometimes it just stops responding, other times, the screen goes all glitchy. I have to use a needle to reset it.
I took the Glo back and got another one, thinking I just got a bad device. Nope. This other one does the same damned thing, over and over after each reset.
It's completely unusable. I have never, ever had something that was so utterly borked out-of-the-box.
The only way I can keep it from doing this is to load fewer than one page (5) worth of ebooks on it. Which is stupid. I bought this thing because of the memory expansion it has.
I'm emailing Kobo tomorrow to complain. This is inexcusable.

I just joined, so I'll go through this thread and whatever else I can find on the site tomorrow at work to look for a fix.
I have got mine relatively stable now, like you I have been copying books on little by little then deleting them as soon as they are finished. I copied the side loaded books off the Kobo and ran them through Calibre twice (epub to RTF then RTF to epub) and they now work, but the formatting is all messed up. I'm assuming the firmware update corrupted the files or something as they worked fine on my laptop when copied off, but the Glo just wouldn't touch them.

Still have the sleep cover bug, double page turn bug, forgotten chapter bug and all that to contend with, but at least my books load now.

Can't believe Kobo have not rolled out even just a quick fix firmware patch to address the sleep cover bug, especially considering 2.3.2 has been out in Japan for a while now and others here have successfully tested it by manually updating.
Tachikoma is offline   Reply With Quote