View Single Post
Old 01-18-2013, 10:24 PM   #33
maianhvk
whimsical
maianhvk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maianhvk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maianhvk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maianhvk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maianhvk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maianhvk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maianhvk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maianhvk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maianhvk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maianhvk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maianhvk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: current: PPW 4. brick: K3 & Voyage.
Quote:
Originally Posted by haydnfan View Post
You don't read a textbook like you would a novel. Take notes, develop your own examples to illustrate core principles and terminology. Reflect on the material, then reread. If you finish that book, read it again or pick up a different book and compare/contrast the approaches. Be active in reading, if you're not thinking about the ideas the entire time, you're not learning effectively.
I second this. You might read novels lazily, but with textbooks you should keep thinking, be alert. No matter how long, you should give it 100% of your concentration. Do comparisons and re-organize the ideas to your likings - those help memorizing.

And always, I mean, alllllwaaaays, reread. At least once.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beginner-reader View Post
I have to finish the book by Friday morning so I'll work hard tomorrow. I have 60 pages left to read, so I should be done in 4-5 hours tops, probably less.
And have you finished? Did you find our advices useful?
maianhvk is offline   Reply With Quote