View Single Post
Old 12-10-2009, 05:58 PM   #4
rwizard
Connoisseur
rwizard has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.rwizard has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.rwizard has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.rwizard has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: iPhone, waiting for reviews on the Notionink Adam
Quote:
Originally Posted by rhadin View Post
I was interested, for example, in the forthcoming Irex DSG800, but when (and if) it is released, I will not buy it because part of what I was looking for in the device supposedly will come in a firmware update that might never be.
I would say this is particularly worrisome with Irex. Their most recent reader, the 1000, is still advertised to have something like a week of battery life, but this is only true if you use it about an hour a day. They have promised a fix in software but none has materialized yet. I could say more about Irex but this is the wrong thread. The point is that while updates that will fix these things are likely; however, when or if they will actually be fixed is not known until it happens. The only good news is that B&N does not have a history of not fixing issues like Irex (although they do not have a history of fixing things in a timely manner either of course)
rwizard is offline   Reply With Quote