View Single Post
Old 01-22-2013, 12:27 PM   #7
latepaul
Wizard
latepaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.latepaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.latepaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.latepaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.latepaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.latepaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.latepaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.latepaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.latepaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.latepaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.latepaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: a variety (mostly kindles and kobos)
I think it's a niche market, I don't think it's stupid.

People inclined to pirate will find a way and screenshot-ing individual pages is tedious compared to the alternatives.

The reason I think it's niche is that I'm not convinced it works any better than samples for fiction. And samples are free, even a handful of pages here will cost - unless you speed-read.

But for textbooks or reference works or possibly even short story collections, I can see some demand.
latepaul is offline   Reply With Quote