View Single Post
Old 11-25-2012, 07:11 PM   #8
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
Quote:
Originally Posted by allovertheglobe View Post
I was in a similar situation. Alas it seems Powell's is a bit... unready for the selling of electronic gizmos. They don't indicate whether they sell different colors for either the Mini or the Glo, and if not, don't even indicate which IS the default color they'd ship them in.

Also, their page indicates that the sleep cover is available for either reader, but then, just like with the colors, don't give any opportunity anytime during checkout to indicate which one you'd actually like to purchase. On top of the non-updated price as per top post.

I took a chance and put my preferred choices in the "Notes" features at the end of the checkout process (incl. one that said if the Mini wasn't on sale for the advertised price, cancel that part of the order)

To their credit later in the day I received a polite email apologizing for the pricing snafu, and confirming that they'd ship my preferred choices for color & sleepcover, and (re)charging my credit card for the adjusted pricing...

Haven't received the order yet, of course, so I'll update this once I do to let you know if indeed everything was shipped correctly.

I just now received an email: They have only the white Mini in stock. I thankfully cancelled last night when no reply was forthcoming.

Actually, this is a good conclusion, as it would have taken back seat anyway to the Glo and Kindle's paperwhite. I also have a pocketbook 360 (5-inch screen), which I don't even use anymore.

Don
Dr. Drib is offline   Reply With Quote