Thread: Touch Embeded Fonts:
View Single Post
Old 09-06-2011, 06:46 PM   #10
rashkae
Wizard
rashkae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rashkae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rashkae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rashkae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rashkae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rashkae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rashkae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rashkae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rashkae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rashkae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rashkae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by geormes View Post
I am referring to a claim of a bug in reference to embedded fonts.

From this link:http://www.w3.org/TR/1998/REC-CSS2-1...font-selection

In CSS2 font-family is a descriptor used in @font-face. Then font-family is "attached" to H1. I take this as declaring the font then telling the CSS where to use the font. To use in an entire epub attach it to body.
Using Sigil and and looking at 10 or so epubs that "embed fonts"
This is usually the result of converting another document into epub, probably from either an HTML source or from MS Office, by a program that just grabs the html and stuffs it into epub, with no consideration of e-book fonts. (And yes, I think Calibre will do exactly that in this instance.)

In this case, the font was never actually embedded in the first place. (embedded implies that the font file is within the epub) and the font-family: parameters are just noise from sloppy document conversion.
rashkae is offline   Reply With Quote