View Single Post
Old 12-25-2010, 10:43 PM   #118
KryptoNyte
Shepherd
KryptoNyte will become famous soon enoughKryptoNyte will become famous soon enoughKryptoNyte will become famous soon enoughKryptoNyte will become famous soon enoughKryptoNyte will become famous soon enoughKryptoNyte will become famous soon enough

Device: Nook Color, LG Optimus V
Yeah, that's a problem. As you noticed, the Handbrake DRC setting only normalizes audio, like that "night" setting that some of the flat panel TV's have, so it tries to even out the loud and the soft to create one consistent audio level throughout. When I tested this feature, it seemed to hurt more than help. Add that to the already low volume of the NC device, and it's definitely an issue for videos.

I'll look into this further, but right at the moment, I'm using a (purchased) piece of software called "VideoRedo" that may allow this. It has some input file type limitations, but it will take the Nook Color mp4, and if it will input all my target file types, I'm going to see if it will actually work for all the encoding also, leaving handbrake out of it. Of course you'll need the H.264 version, which is expensive, and I haven't tested the output file on the NC yet.

After I re-root my NC to the latest stuff, I'll see if I can get some time to find something better (maybe even free). I'm also looking into an option that could automate the entire process, where you could drag/drop your source video file onto a batch file that is pre-configured specifically for the Nook Color.
KryptoNyte is offline   Reply With Quote