View Single Post
Old 12-19-2010, 02:47 PM   #13
ATDrake
Wizzard
ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2 International, Sony PRS-T1, BlackBerry PlayBook, Acer Iconia
Quote:
Originally Posted by eric11210 View Post
I'm not clear on something: if it's not available as epub on Kobo, then what format is it available in?
Kobo's tweaked their site again, so now what you can download as is a bit more explicit (and shown directly on the product page, whereas previously you could only see it via the aggregate listings).

Basically, if it doesn't say "Adobe DRM ePub", "Adobe DRM PDF", or just plain ePub/PDF (some books are DRM-free, and now I guess you can tell which), don't buy it.

Someone in the 50% coupon thread a couple of days ago was kind enough to warn me that if it's a Web | Mobile book, then you can only read it online via the website, or one of the mobile phone apps.

They no longer seem to have the Web | Mobile description on their pages, but contrast The New World, a former Web | Mobile freebie which now has no Download Options description on its page, with Speed Dating, a freebie which does, and is available as Adobe DRM ePub.

Long story short (too late!): only get books which explicitly say in the Download Options that they're ePub or PDF. If that info's missing, you'd better hope you enjoy reading on your phone.
ATDrake is offline   Reply With Quote