View Single Post
Old 12-31-2012, 06:41 AM   #1
Iznogood
Guru
Iznogood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iznogood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iznogood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iznogood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iznogood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iznogood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iznogood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iznogood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iznogood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iznogood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iznogood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Ipad, kindle paperwhite
Transparent images

I'm currently working on a book that shall have a picture on the front page together with some text. The front page shall be an svg image, with a background color that fills the entire "page", and text and an image on top of the background.

Some parts of the image shall have the same color as the background, and I would like to make these areas transparent in the image. iBooks honours the transparent part of the image and handles this correctly, while bluefire displays the transparent areas as white.

Is this another bug on ADEs part, or is transparency not supported by the epub specifications? I can of course take the easy route and set the background color directly into the png image, but I don't like that solution. After all, this is what transparency is for!
Iznogood is offline   Reply With Quote