View Single Post
Old 10-24-2012, 12:14 PM   #181
teh603
Autism Spectrum Disorder
teh603 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.teh603 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.teh603 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.teh603 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.teh603 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.teh603 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.teh603 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.teh603 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.teh603 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.teh603 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.teh603 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Android Phone
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveEisenberg View Post
My last link notes that some forms of copyright infringement became, in 1982, in the US, felonies. That's way harsher than is wise. When laws are so harsh, against offenses so common, they aren't enforced. Make it like a parking ticket. Give the kingpins probation.
I think the term for this is "overcriminalization," and from what I've seen it began about the same time the Boomers started having kids and getting elected to various legislatures. I've got a hunch it came about from the Boomers realizing what they got away with as kids, and deciding they weren't going to let any future generations get away with the same stuff.

I'm wondering when people are going to start flogging and beheading rebellious children like they did in the Geneva Experiment.