View Single Post
Old 08-03-2012, 03:10 AM   #35
Kumabjorn
Basculocolpic
Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3 WiFi, Kindle 4SO, Kindle for Android, Sony PRS-350 and PRS-T1
Haha, that made me laugh. 大釜 is Japanese slang for a homosexual "slut", meaning one who kan take a lot in that cauldron.

オートバイ or mc in Japanese its more like Ohhtobai, but yes I can see the resemblance. Fascinating how linguistic influences carry on.

Two years ago i was in Pusan and sitting next to me on the subway was an old man reading a Japanese book about Western musical history. So I began, in Japanese, to ask him questions about Beethoven, Brahms and Chopin. He shone up and started talking with me in stilted old style Japanese. He was clearly enjoying the opportunity to talk to a Westerner. My Japanese friend smiled benevolently and nodded along in the conversation. The old man turned towards my friend and started to say something in Korean, my friend said, in Japanese, that he didn't understand the language. The transformation in the old man was instant. He was still pleasant towards me, but my Japanese friend got the cold shoulder.
Kumabjorn is offline   Reply With Quote