View Single Post
Old 07-08-2010, 09:30 AM   #13
Robin O'Neill
Connoisseur
Robin O'Neill with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitRobin O'Neill with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitRobin O'Neill with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitRobin O'Neill with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitRobin O'Neill with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitRobin O'Neill with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitRobin O'Neill with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitRobin O'Neill with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitRobin O'Neill with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitRobin O'Neill with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitRobin O'Neill with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbit

Device: PC
Robin O'Neill is not my real name.
I switched to a pen name for a number of reasons (length and confusion with my real name) but genre was one of them. Robin is a cookbook writer, I'm not. If you have no food writing credits, tradpub doesn't accept you as a food writer.

I was a television writer for a while. I began to notice that if I used my name with the television credits on my resume, I was criticized for affectations television writers supposedly had. If I submitted the same project under Robin's name, a writer who has no television credits, no one ever complained that she sounded TV-ish. For years on my resume I left off my substantial TV credits because unfailingly they hurt instead of helped. Now I use it as a stick to poke them with ;-)

Am I glad to have gone digital? Do you really have to ask?

Cheers!

Robin
Robin O'Neill is offline   Reply With Quote