View Single Post
Old 09-15-2009, 05:37 AM   #87
orwell2k
Addict
orwell2k can extract oil from cheeseorwell2k can extract oil from cheeseorwell2k can extract oil from cheeseorwell2k can extract oil from cheeseorwell2k can extract oil from cheeseorwell2k can extract oil from cheeseorwell2k can extract oil from cheeseorwell2k can extract oil from cheeseorwell2k can extract oil from cheese

Device: PocketBook 360°, BeBook (Hanlin V3), iRex DR1000S, iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patricia View Post
Orwell, if your emdashes are replaced by hyphens, then it's not clear that you have installed Book Cleaner properly. One of its functions is to preserve emdashes.
I know, that's why it's confusing. But I have followed the instructions, and they clearly work for other aspects.

I copy the files to the "Program Files > Book Designer > BookCleaner" folder (1.bcf, 2.bcf). Note that there are also 3 other files already there (MiddleDashes_after.bcf, MiddleDashes_before.bcf, RemoveRepeatedEmptyLines.bcf).

Then in Book Designer I go to "Tools > Book Cleaner" and then select 1.bcf in the "input file: before formatting" drop-down box, and 2.bcf in the "input file: after formatting" drop-down box. Then close the window.

I have checked regularly that the 1.bcf and 2.bcf files are still loaded as described above, and they always are. Should the "loaded book" section be marked as whole? I assume that is only if you want to manually trigger the clean-up again, and when the book is first loaded the cleaner files run?

Am I missing anything else? My language is selected as German, and I think I have fairly basic settings selected for the program overall - see the attached pics for screencaps of my settings and the Book Cleaner window.

I have noted in other posts that MS Office seems to have some effect omn Book Designer functions - is this also the case for Cleaner?

Thanks for any help.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Cleaner.jpg
Views:	718
Size:	116.4 KB
ID:	35897   Click image for larger version

Name:	Settings.jpg
Views:	708
Size:	173.4 KB
ID:	35898  
orwell2k is offline   Reply With Quote