View Single Post
Old 09-02-2008, 08:39 AM   #34
ashkulz
Addict
ashkulz will become famous soon enoughashkulz will become famous soon enoughashkulz will become famous soon enoughashkulz will become famous soon enoughashkulz will become famous soon enoughashkulz will become famous soon enoughashkulz will become famous soon enough

Device: Kindle 1/REB 1200
Quote:
Originally Posted by nrapallo View Post
Oh, I can verify that they do work on the REB1200! I haven't yet tried this on an EBW1150, though.

I tried that next_1200.imp I posted earlier and it worked flawlessly surfing to the wiki page.

If it doesn't work for you, what firmware is your REB1200? Mine is at 4.2f22.

If it would help, can you capture/generate a privoxy-like log of the HTTP packets sent/received? I can then match with mine, if there is something gone amiss.
I don't remember my firmware version -- and I tried it with a different file I created. Let me do try both things and confirm that it works :-)

Quote:
The simulation of a 'back button' during surfing using the 'directory icon' works well, however, after the 'Online Bookshelf' tab is clicked and then the 'Bookstore icon' is clicked, nothing happens, but the last (html) page visited is displayed. Another 'directory icon' click brings up the main content page, but this should have happened when the 'Bookstore icon' was just clicked. Clear?
Can't do anything about it. The eBook caches that page and never requests from the server (see the server logs in the command prompt). When you request again, it hits impserve and then I do the correct thing. File a bug report with eBook Technologies to fix it ;-)

Quote:
The text substitute of <a href> to include those UNDERLINE='YES' is a very useful feature. Any quick help/start guide you could provide on how to mod/write these plugins? I'm eager to try...
See the provided plugins in the source code. e.g the one which does the underlines (and other things) is just 19 lines -- all you have to do is derive from impserve.ProxyResponse and implement a get_response() method. You also might want to look at the documentation for BeautifulSoup -- it is a very powerful library...

Quote:
Initial bug report:
- booklist gets truncated at 100 .imp books when the 'Online Bookshelf' (directory) has more than 99 ebooks. You just knew I was going to try this... (actually I had wanted to try with 10,000+ .imp books but settled for a directory with just 180 .imp ebooks in addition to my local shelf directory)
I added code to implement that -- can you post the server log here so I can look into it as I don't have too many .IMP books right now

Last edited by ashkulz; 09-02-2008 at 08:51 AM. Reason: mention BeautifulSoup
ashkulz is offline   Reply With Quote