View Single Post
Old 09-20-2012, 04:14 PM   #6
taming
Trying for calm & polite
taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo original, WiFI, Touch, Glo, and Aura
Kobo devices are covered with a one year manufacturers warranty. I understand that buying it in France and now being back home in The Netherlands makes exercising the warranty more difficult.

I know that people in this sort of pickle have been known to buy a second--identical in terms of colour--device, then check to make sure it works well, and then return the first defective device in the box (with a factory reset done of course) and with the receipt for device #2. I believe they are honest about what is wrong with the device, but simply decline to get a replacement, getting the money back instead. Some would say that it's a non-standard way of returning a broken device under warranty for a new non-defective one.

Only you can decide if this kind of solution feel comfortable to you.
taming is offline   Reply With Quote