Thread: GPL violation?
View Single Post
Old 04-22-2008, 11:28 AM   #131
tompe
Grand Sorcerer
tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, Nexus 5, Kindle PW
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ortep View Post
And are those laws the same in all countries of the world?

For example: In The Netherlands it is perfectly legal to download music put it on my MP3 player and listen to it. In some countries it is not.

The fun part is that I am legally downloading when I get it from a newsgroup, but not when I'm downloading the same music with utorrent. Because in that case I'm also uploading parts of the song.
Actually in the case of selling the thing I think they are very similar at least in countries that tries to have some copyright laws. Or do you have any counter examples?

The laws in Sweden was as yours regarding the difference between newsgroup and torrent but they changed it a couple of years ago so downloading only also is illegal.

In this case I assume it is the laws in France that are the relevant ones.
tompe is offline   Reply With Quote