View Single Post
Old 02-19-2011, 10:48 PM   #43
zartemis
Addict
zartemis knows what time it iszartemis knows what time it iszartemis knows what time it iszartemis knows what time it iszartemis knows what time it iszartemis knows what time it iszartemis knows what time it iszartemis knows what time it iszartemis knows what time it iszartemis knows what time it iszartemis knows what time it is

Device: Kindle3, Kindle2, Nook, NookColor
Quote:
Originally Posted by Apoc View Post
Here's something weird that I noticed. I had rooted v1.1 with 2.12.25 (the modified version for 1.1) and all was well. Then 3.0 came out and I re-rooted with that. Now I have WiFi issues that I did not have before. I also lose ADBWireless connection a lot. Just to make sure that it's not just my imagination, I will re-root with 2.12.25 again this weekend and see if my troubles go away. I can report my findings here if you like.
Both of these are known issues with 1.1, not your imagination.

BN changed the wifi configuration -- it fixes some people's issue and breaks others (I, too, sometimes have to toggle wifi on/off when my Nook comes out of sleep -- you can just touch the right side of the bottom notification bar, so it's pretty quick to do). This is not a rooted/non-rooted issue.

The ADB issue is because USB debugging gets toggled off (perhaps by some Nook security settings). You can go to Nook Color Tools and turn it back on. No known fix, yet. This is, of course, just a rooted issue since non-rooted 1.1 devices can't use ADB at all.

I live with these rather than going back to 1.0.1 because I use the read-in-store feature that is now available with rooted 1.1 devices.
zartemis is offline   Reply With Quote