View Single Post
Old 01-18-2011, 11:41 AM   #7
GRiker
Comparer of the Ephemeris
GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by unboggling View Post
Regarding the plugin suggestion, you've mentioned it before and I'm keeping it in the back of my mind but I'm not sure I'm ready to work with python yet. Re-immersing myself in VB, which at least I used to be relatively proficient with before, I've found that even VB has advanced considerably. So I thought a gradual progression of honing my skills might work best for me. To me python looks scary at this point.
As an ex-VB programmer, I can tell you that Python is more fun, more intuitive, faster to develop (yes, really), and there's no going back. A great intro is Mark Lutz's book.

G
GRiker is offline   Reply With Quote