View Single Post
Old 12-14-2010, 10:55 PM   #12
jrlewis
SF/F Author
jrlewis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jrlewis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jrlewis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jrlewis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jrlewis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jrlewis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jrlewis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jrlewis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jrlewis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jrlewis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jrlewis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Adobe Digital Editions
Recent praise for Heirs of Mars

Hello readers,

I'm pleased to say Heirs of Mars has been getting some very positive and very thoughtful reviews.
"It's a brilliant book, a compelling story, well-told...Damn near perfect."
-- Marian A.
"A fantastic book, and I have no hesitations in recommending it...Heirs of Mars is a very interesting book. The characters are all engaging and very human (even the not technically human ones). There were no "heroes" and few "villains." Everyone was grey, with lots of darkness in them; I think grounding the book in such life-like characters helped bring alive the setting. The setting is where the book excelled. Joseph Robert Lewis has clearly put a lot of thought into what life on Mars would truly be like - from depressed kids to falling birth rates, from being paid in food credits or bandwidth, to the effect clones would have on a population. His descriptions of the Mars colony are so realistic he might almost have been there. On description alone, Heirs deserved a 5 star rating. "
-- Chris K.
"A good read for anyone who likes speculative science fiction...Joseph Robert Lewis has written a compelling book that follows the lives of 6 sentient beings during the days leading up to the end of the war. Each chapter tells a piece of the adventure from one of those beings' reference points. The chapters are clearly marked, and I found this to be a very effective way to give us a more complete picture of what was going on in the minds of the humans, clones and machines involved in this war. The premise of the story was really intriguing, and brought up some interesting concepts; cloning people minutes before they die to save their knowledge, machines that seem almost human and yet they're not, Mars being a viable habitat for people when Earth is not enough. With the changing viewpoints and the engaging concept, this was an easy book to get into. "
-- Grace K.
"The action moves swiftly and because it is described from the different POV gives an interesting perspective on how each of the three "types" of characters are discriminated against or believe that they are wronged. Characters are divided into three types; Humans, clones and Mechs. Each of these groups has their heroes and villains. The book deals with complex subjects but, maybe because of the action, they flow well and are easily understandable. Kept me thinking about the story after I had finished it. Hope there's a sequel it was a good read. "
-- Simon R.
The book is still available everywhere for $0.99 for the rest of December, after which it will return to its regular price.

Amazon | Barnes & Noble | Smashwords | Goodreads

Thanks to all my readers!
jrlewis is offline   Reply With Quote