View Single Post
Old 10-12-2010, 06:59 PM   #101
lilman
Addict
lilman has learned how to read e-bookslilman has learned how to read e-bookslilman has learned how to read e-bookslilman has learned how to read e-bookslilman has learned how to read e-bookslilman has learned how to read e-bookslilman has learned how to read e-bookslilman has learned how to read e-books

Device: Kindle DX, iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by badbob001 View Post
It seems that trying to match the resolution of the Kindle is a bit of a wasted effort due to the Kindle's PDF viewer lacking a full screen mode and forced margins. I wonder if the zero-margin hack + the mobi format would yield better results, but I think the mobi viewer will always scale an image to fit the screen.
I hate that the Kindle pdf viewer doesn't offer a true fullscreen mode. An early verison of Canti gave you the option to either output to fullscreen (matching the specs of the screen) or pdf fullscreen (I don't even remember the specs for this, it was a little smaller to match the pixels lost from the pdf menu bars). Personally I think you should just go with the fullscreen specs of your device and let the pdf viewer handle the small downsize. From my experience with the first gen KDX, the pdf engine on the Kindle is fast so having to downsize at viewtime isn't a big deal. The difference in file size between true fullscreen vs pdf fullscreen is also negligible. Hopefully Amazon (or maybe a Kindle dev from this board) will make a change to the pdf viewer to allow for true fullscreen, and if/when this happens you won't have to worry about reprocessing your collection again if you stuck with the true fullscreen specs.
lilman is offline   Reply With Quote