View Single Post
Old 10-23-2013, 07:14 AM   #3
RichieTheK
Enthusiast
RichieTheK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RichieTheK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RichieTheK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RichieTheK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RichieTheK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RichieTheK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RichieTheK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RichieTheK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RichieTheK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RichieTheK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RichieTheK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7 (2012), Samsung Galaxy Pro 8.4
Quote:
Originally Posted by tsolignani View Post
So I would like to use this NAS of mine with cloud station, that way I would have backup copies of my library across several computer, dropbox-wise.
I use Cloud Station to synchronize documents across several machines, although I do not use it for Calibre. (For those not familiar with Synology Cloud Station, it synchronizes the contents of a local directory across multiple machines.)

The only problem with using Cloud Station as a backup is that changes are propagated immediately. For example, if you accidently delete a book, or destroy your library, the change is immediately propagated to the other machines running Cloud Station, thus changing your backups to look like your damaged original. One way to avoid this is to pause Cloud Station while you do your work, and resume it when you are finished.
RichieTheK is offline   Reply With Quote