View Single Post
Old 03-29-2013, 04:06 AM   #10
Jellby
frumious Bandersnatch
Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybook Orizon, Kobo Aura
On second thought, I doubt it can be done. In order to get text flowing around images, I think the only option is using "float". But a floating element moves all the way to the right (or left) of the block containing the text. You want it to move only partially to the right (to the position where the centered image above is located), and yet have the text wrap only it left side.

If we could use scripting, we could query the main image for its exact position or size, same with the text block, and calculate how much right margin we should add to the floating image to make it look right. But with the available tools I don't think we can do that. (With scripting we could also get rid of the dummy images for the different pieces.)

So, Ripplinger's suggestion is one solution, but if you want something that works for other images, or if you don't want to alter the original image, then I think you have to either (a) force the image to 100% width; or (b) forget about text wrapping.
Jellby is offline   Reply With Quote