View Single Post
Old 12-07-2012, 07:44 PM   #167
Pushka
Wizard
Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle, Ipad, Iphone, Nexus and PPW
Quote:
Originally Posted by ixtab View Post
First: please clearly specify what you are talking about. "The screensaver hack" isn't enough. Second, see knc1's comment above. And third, please keep this thread on-topic, i.e., don't diverge into what a jailbreak can or can't do.

No, we're not assholes - we are trying to help you. But you will get much more meaningful answers if you ask your questions in the correct threads.
OK, I thought I was clear for you guys but apparently not. My thread was on topic as I was asking if the jailbreak (your jailbreak) had worked, because as a second step, I was not getting the screensaver hack to work.

As NiLuJe will attest, I have been jailbreaking my kindles for quite some years (since 2009, I've been here a while) and he has been very helpful. I do *get* the multi stage process.

Anyway, I sorted it out.
Spoiler:
On the SS thread it says to copy the python root first, but that was not being recognised as the update was greyed out. Seems you dont need to do that anyway for the SS to work once your jailbreak has been used.. Or is that too
Sorry, I am not being a smart a either but dont think your response was all that helpful, or pleasant.

Last edited by Pushka; 12-07-2012 at 08:19 PM.
Pushka is offline   Reply With Quote