View Single Post
Old 03-20-2008, 07:43 PM   #17
nairbv
Connoisseur
nairbv began at the beginning.

Device: still looking for an ebook reader device
nope, I still haven't bought anything. so much time thinking about it and still haven't gone ahead and bought anything. maybe I should just spend the money and get an iliad.

jswolf: you keep shitting on hanlin for their format support, ... but, if you ignore drm they support more file formats then their competitors. They have nearly the best non-drm format support available as far as I know. I'm probably pretty much ignoring DRM. I'd like mobipocket support, but even if I had it I probably wouldn't buy any mobipocket books.

I was going to buy a hanlin, but then I found out they have special pricing for selling it locally (I'm in China).

I'd probably buy a gen3, but I don't like the idea of paying for something and having no idea when I'll get it. plus I emailed them once and they never responded... and they seem to ignore comments on their own blog.

maybe the 505 wouldn't be so bad. I guess it's the cheapest. I'd have to get it sent from the US though. such a hassle. I mean, I know this is an early-adopter sort of thing, ... but it seems so difficult just to get a hold of one. Two aren't sold outside the US, one is out of stock, one has absurd local pricing schemes if I buy from CLOSER to the company (and doesn't take credit cards), and one costs 700$.

I've never even seen any one of these things in person.
nairbv is offline   Reply With Quote