View Single Post
Old 01-20-2011, 08:23 AM   #4
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
New ideas are always welcome.

I believe 7, 8 and part of 9 already exist.

Quote:
Originally Posted by unboggling View Post
7. Fields include, among the usual: Copyright_date (in addition to Published_date), Read or not, number of Pages, LCCN, Dewey. I don't use or care about LCCN and Dewey but other people might. Number of pages is possibly useful for pBook owners though I don't care about that either.
Custom columns can be created for any data you wish to store.

Quote:
8. Column-dragging in the gui to re-order them.
This is a current feature of calibre. You can reorder by dragging the columns in the GUI.

Quote:
9. Authors, title, and other fields links. Clicking author in the author field results in search and display of all titles in db by that author.
The tag browser does this, also the right click menu gives you the similar books feature (see attached).

Quote:
Clicking title in the title field results in search and display of all duplicates.
I'm sure there are many folks interested in something along this line. Currently you can do this by selecting a title then sorting by clicking on the title column. But it would be nice to have something more robust.

Keep the ideas coming.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	similar_books.jpg
Views:	250
Size:	171.4 KB
ID:	65148  

Last edited by DoctorOhh; 01-20-2011 at 08:26 AM.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote