Thread: Ebook Pricing
View Single Post
Old 10-16-2010, 09:36 AM   #33
neilmarr
neilmarr
neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: sony
I take your point, Harry, and that possibility did cross my mind. But it's not the answer.

We're officially registered as a publishing house only in Canada and the USA (USA registration specifically to get into the new ebook stores that disqualify publishers without a US presence) and stipulate price in US dollars title-by-title.

Although we have dealt paperbacks through Amazon for many years, these are our very first dealings with the Kindle store and there is no overlap.

It's an annoying move on their part, but also interesting. I'll update you if we hear back from them and when we have the hitch fixed.

Meanwhile, I'll feel rotten about any sales made at these cover-prices (and we'll do our best to compensate if any buyer contacts us direct). 'Tain't our doing that some BB ebooks are now priced close to, equal to or even greater than the corresponding paperback. It goes directly against house policy and the whole spirit of ebooks.

Cheers. Neil
neilmarr is offline   Reply With Quote