View Single Post
Old 11-19-2009, 05:30 AM   #13
zacheryjensen
Addict
zacheryjensen has learned how to read e-bookszacheryjensen has learned how to read e-bookszacheryjensen has learned how to read e-bookszacheryjensen has learned how to read e-bookszacheryjensen has learned how to read e-bookszacheryjensen has learned how to read e-bookszacheryjensen has learned how to read e-books

Device: iPad, iPhone 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by mukoan View Post
anyway... even though there's something nice about a zen like piece of gadgetry that does one thing, and does it well... it's sounds like the whole glare thing is a moot point with these newer touch-screen devices, which is good to hear.
Oh and I just got to watching the video in the first post and I think it does a great job exemplifying the realistic glare. Basically, that glare you get when she points the thing at the camera is what you see in real life. That's what you're up against, and as you also saw in the zoomed in shots, just a slight angling fixes it. It can be a nuisance if you dwell on it but it becomes second nature otherwise. The biggest different between it and say, a Kindle screen is that due to the extra, differently refracting layer on the screen, it results in glare across almost the whole screen at once whereas on the Kindle or similar screens you'll get more of a spot effect requiring a bit less tilting to alleviate.

So, I guess what I'm saying is that the video demonstrates that big concern surprisingly honestly.
zacheryjensen is offline   Reply With Quote