View Single Post
Old 01-31-2015, 03:01 AM   #21655
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hampshire Nanny View Post
I want to shout out a great THANK YOU to all of you who recommended The Golem and the Jinni. I finished it about a week ago and thoroughly enjoyed it.
Ditto. I'm really pleased I bought it and read it. Sometimes there's only hype, but this book was good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdurrant View Post
Next up: The Omega Egg by Mike Resnick et al. A round-robin novel that was created at Fictionwise. I bought it when it was still being produced chapter-by-chapter back in 2005. It's about time I read it and found out if was worth the money!
Unfortunately, I find I don't like the round-robin format. Individually, the writers are great, and each section is fine, but I just don't like the complete lack of any overall vision. I can see that it was fun to write, and could be fund to read if you enjoy seeing authors set each other cliff-hangers and how they move things on. But that's one level of abstraction more than I want at the moment. So, after five chapters I'm abandoning it.

Next up: 1636: The Barbie Consortium by Gorg Huff et al. I'm 99% sure I'll enjoy this, a collection of stories covering one group of youngsters in the 1632 universe. Bought yesterday, thanks to a Kobo coupon.
pdurrant is offline   Reply With Quote