View Single Post
Old 09-14-2012, 10:58 PM   #205
frahse
occasional author
frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: Wandering God's glorious hills, valleys and plains.
Device: A Franklin BI (before Internet) was the first. I still have it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by VydorScope View Post
Personally, I would not invest any time in a program that the developers have abandoned in place. You will always be just one windows update/mac update/linux update from losing everything.
True unless you already know it.

I think most writers like to look for better methods to use. If nothing else it eases some of the tedium of just slogging through the detail oriented tasks of background material, research of various kinds, etc.

Google makes it easier in one way gathering a lot of info, but it then is difficult to select what to keep.

You can spend too much time on the detail and then that tires you for the important tasks.

It would be interesting to see programs that writers use divided or rated into groups like:

outline
visual
note-cards
idea
theme
story lines/boards
timelines
etc.
frahse is offline   Reply With Quote