View Single Post
Old 09-14-2012, 02:25 AM   #199
BookCat
C L J
BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony e-reader 505, Kindle PW2, Kindle PW3, Kobo Libra2
Quote:
A easy to use / view is
Focus writer use able on Mac/Windows/Linux
I use and find it great
http://gottcode.org/focuswrite
FocusWriter is my favourite program in which to write poetry. I tried the free version of OmmWriter, but disliked that I couldn't modify it, so was stuck with a wintry background and limited music. So I started using FocusWriter, for which there are downloadable alternative backgrounds, many of them. I also have a folder of New Age mp3's which I downloaded (copyright free). At the beginning of a session, I randomly select about 15mins of music, put Windows Media Player on repeat and play the selection with the WMP volume low. This plays the music quietly while allowing me to hear the keystroke sounds.

For anything in prose, I use Write or Die. Absolutely LOVE the program. I've used it for NaNo, first drafts (I copy and paste into Word's Outline view at body text level), and to ensure that I write something every day. I use a small app called MikkoMatrix for prompts.

These, Word, and a free program called Papel - great for planning - are my absolute faves. I've trialled Scrivener, WriteWay, and many others, but always return to these.
BookCat is offline   Reply With Quote