Thread: PRS-T1 Modified Sony home screen
View Single Post
Old 06-27-2012, 12:33 PM   #300
jackie_w
Grand Sorcerer
jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo: KA1, ClaraHD, Forma, Libra2, Clara2E. PocketBook: TouchHD3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Morkl View Post
So, I re-ran the install with an earlier version of the update script and it works, even on my wonky device I can't believe I was struggling all this time with a non-existing problem

The package at http://morkl.se/reader/JuneReader.zip has been updated, and if I don't hear about any critical bugs I'll put it up at SourceForge in the weekend
Good news The latest June version of the modified EbookReader app installed easily and correctly on a never-rooted T1 and has survived 2 full reboots without incident. The time is displayed in the bottom status bar of each book and all my css is working.

I made sure the T1 was fully charged before I started and used porkupan's restore-set-1.0.04.12210 before running the reader app installer, but I'm not sure whether this was absolutely necessary.

Good work! Thanks for your effort and karma to you