Thread: PRS-T1 Modified Sony home screen
View Single Post
Old 06-25-2012, 08:36 AM   #287
jackie_w
Grand Sorcerer
jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo: KA1, ClaraHD, Forma, Libra2, Clara2E. PocketBook: TouchHD3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Morkl View Post
Still no success with the installer -- anyone up for running a test version to verify that my device is causing the trouble? I might just have to release it and trust that it works on other devices than mine...
I've tried out the June version on my never-rooted PRST1, but I'm afraid I can't get it to work. The process appears to run smoothly but after the reboot it looks like the Sony original EbookReader.apk is still in use. I used your supplied reader.xml and css files, rather than my own, to avoid potentially introducing new errors.

I've been round the loop twice now (with Porkupan's restore-set-1.0.04.12210 between attempts) but no joy.

I'm attaching the output from both the Windows command box and the script.log file in case you can deduce anything from them.

script.log
Spoiler:
Code:
Starting ./update.sh
./updates/system/app/EbookReader.apk: Checksum 57b9b6427115571a8ef1a22a01a216a6 correct
./tmp/do_update.sh: Checksum f078951460edbc1b7d7f4f06aa63dac4 correct
./tmp/rescue.updater: Checksum 2e8f803dbd819b2b999b2e34539b84ce correct
Update script found
---- Starting update script ----
Starting /tmp/do_update.sh Mon Jun 25 12:16:53 UTC 2012
Make Sony keyboard deselectable
Updating /system
Get rid of preferred activities in packages.xml
System signatures
Done /tmp/do_update.sh Mon Jun 25 12:16:54 UTC 2012
---- Done update script ----
clean_exit

[Edit:] Comparing the latest script.log file with the equivalent January file I see that there was a line in the old log
Code:
Reinstall EbookReader.apk with custom signature
which is not in the new log. Could this be relevant?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	cli_v2.jpg
Views:	339
Size:	50.0 KB
ID:	88293  

Last edited by jackie_w; 06-25-2012 at 09:46 AM. Reason: additional info