View Single Post
Old 06-16-2008, 07:04 PM   #13
Walk Broad
Connoisseur
Walk Broad once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Walk Broad once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Walk Broad once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Walk Broad once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Walk Broad once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Walk Broad once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Walk Broad once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Walk Broad once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Walk Broad once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Walk Broad once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Walk Broad once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: Tablet PC
Quote:
Originally Posted by pilotbob View Post
If they did buy Borders, there is no reason they would have to limit the stores to displaying books.

Also, someone above talked about stocking stuff. To me this would be more of a display and service center. You would still order the item and have it shipped to you... either while you were at the store or later when you went home. You would also be able to return purchased to these locations and get stuff serviced. Just thinking out loud (out type?).

BOb
BOb, you are correct, there would be no need to limit to just books but I do think that is what they would do.

I wonder how many people think of books first when it comes to Amazon? When I mention to folks they might be able to get "X" piece of equipment from Amazon, they are surprised since Amazon is so well known for books. ("I didn't know Amazon sold ...." is the usual response.)

I can't really see them going with a general merchandise store. And wouldn't see the point of offering kiosk with a link to the web site since you can get that from the comfort of your own home.

I think it's some investor wanting to stir up something and get folks talking about something that isn't going to happen
Walk Broad is offline   Reply With Quote