View Single Post
Old 02-16-2012, 03:45 PM   #46
parkher
Evangelist
parkher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.parkher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.parkher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.parkher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.parkher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.parkher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.parkher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.parkher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.parkher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.parkher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.parkher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: BL Alita/Mimas/Ares, OB Note2/Note, KA One/H2O/HD, S PRS T2/T1, PB 902
Returning back to M92 - why can't they make it in gray color matching that Perl screen?
That should be the #1 color for any reader, always available.
Especially for 5" and 6" ones.
But so many makers of e-readers do not get it.
I am really mad at Sony for stupid T1 colors. They put a much better light gray color on the back of the white one, not on the front side.

PF4Mobile,

I think 7.1" on PRS 950 had a different width/hight ratio: it still had the width of the 6" screen, just more lines of text.
So it can be considered also 6".

I would love to have a real 7".

kamizase,

Yes, it is possible to have the text length as in most books on 6", but reading with almost no margins is not too comfortable. Perhaps 8.2 cm with 4 mm margins is acceptable, it still is in the real printed book territory, I have such books, although most are 8.5-9.1 cm or so.

Another possibility: to use landscape mode on 6", but with one column of text, not two
Then, if you set margins 1.5 cm, you get 9.1 cm for text, or with margins 1.7 cm - 8.8 cm text.
Even after leaving comfortable top/bottom margins, I get in landscape 22-17 lines of text, depending on the font size.
In my printed books, font sizes vary from 20 to 25, but the length of the line of text does not seem to depend on the font size too much.

Last edited by parkher; 02-16-2012 at 05:00 PM.
parkher is offline   Reply With Quote