View Single Post
Old 11-17-2011, 08:53 PM   #65
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
Quote:
Originally Posted by obsessed2 View Post
It usually only takes about 30-45 seconds total before it ends if NO Servers are present. Did you LONG press (press and hold) the PC (icon) you set up previously and Delete it before scanning? I wouldn't necessarily do this now if it is working for you, but if for some reason the Fire refuses to connect to the PC you will have manually drop it from the list if you entered a static IP address. Android normally will drop it automatically if it doesn't see it when using dynamic IP addressing.

I scanned my home Network and the Fire picked up my Network Enabled PC immediately, and continued to scan about 20-30 seconds before ending. However, once the desired PC pops up you can end the scan with the back arrow icon.

Also, one thing I failed to mention, but have since added, is if your PC or router has a Firewall you need to make sure the Trust Level is set to Share. For example in Norton 2011, under Network Security click on Network Security Map, Edit Network Details, and Edit the trust Level to Shared. Other Security Suites will obviously be different but similar.
I finally just hit the back button and it worked that way. I think it got stuck. I have an old router so it probably got confused.
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote