View Single Post
Old 10-20-2011, 07:47 AM   #15
Keryl Raist
Zealot
Keryl Raist ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Keryl Raist ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Keryl Raist ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Keryl Raist ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Keryl Raist ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Keryl Raist ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Keryl Raist ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Keryl Raist ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Keryl Raist ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Keryl Raist ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Keryl Raist ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle for PC
Quote:
Originally Posted by CommonReader View Post
Well, my public library allows me to borrow up to 99 (!) electronic media at the same time. This service costs me 10 € (13.70 USD)/year.
4 books don't sound very alluring for a commercial subscription service.
You pay 10E for the library service?

Ours is free for 20 books out at a time, but the selection isn't fantastic. (Well, the selection isn't all I'd like it to be, maybe romance and chic-lit fans would find it perfectly wonderful.)

My guess is this is marketed at casual readers, the sort who haven't figured out that their library likely offers a better service. And for those who don't have a library that offers this at all. The main idea being 4 books on loan is better than none.

I'd also guess that in the next three or so years just about every major library system will offer ebooks.
Keryl Raist is offline   Reply With Quote