View Single Post
Old 05-31-2011, 02:51 PM   #68
kiwidude
Calibre Plugins Developer
kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis
Quote:
Originally Posted by Agama View Post
This is probably my fault then! I have used the .htm extension because it's easy to preview the file in a browser, (proof-reading), but have then used:

<?xml version='1.0' encoding='utf-8'?>
<html xmlns="http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml">

in the files to declare them as xhtml for ePub purposes, (with media-type="application/xhtml+xml" in the manifest.)
Hmmm. Ok, so that looks like a limitation of that approach the epub-fix code uses of just using file extensions. I looked at a few random epubs and found they were similar of .html files that actually contain xhtml.

I think I need to change the behaviour (in my plugin anyways) to cater for this. I guess the question is what "defines" a file as being xhtml? Should I look for the xmlns declaration or just the xml declaration?
kiwidude is offline   Reply With Quote