View Single Post
Old 11-28-2011, 07:53 PM   #214
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimad View Post

Now your file is in the correct location -- but the Kindle mobi browser doesn't know its there. The only way I know to refresh this is to powerdown your KFire by holding the off button for about one second -- pushing off more briefly simply puts KFire into sleep mode. So, hold one second to turn it off now -- it will ask and you say "Shut Down"

Now push power again to reboot KFire.

Once rebooted go to Docs and your new book should be there.

Also, in the Docs folder you may see instructions on how to email docs to your KFire if you want to send free books to yourself via KFire email from your laptop or desktop computer -- its free since KFire connects by wifi -- Amazon only charges to send email via 3G.
If you use File Expert there is no need to reboot. Just open the Mobi book up using the Kindle app in File Expert and it will appear on the shelf.

Oh you don't even need to use USB you can use ES File Explorer's LAN Feature or WiFi Explorer Pro which is 99 cents in the app store. It let's you browse your Fire via your PC's Browser and move/copy/upload files.

Mantano in my opinion is the best epub reader app. I had Nook installed and it's okay too. You can get Mantano's free version at SlideME market. They also have the paid version too you can buy.

Last edited by Blossom; 11-28-2011 at 08:10 PM.
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote