View Single Post
Old 03-20-2012, 10:07 PM   #43
VydorScope
Wizard
VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
Laser,

I do not understand your choice. To me seems like you are adding limits on your market, and making your legit buying readers life harder, for no demonstrable gain. BUT its your call, your book, and your choice. Sounds like you are happy with the level of sales you got, and are enjoying what you are doing, so its all cool.

As for your father's story, I hate that happened to him. That really sucks, but if there was DRM on that mold... it would not have stopped anyone from doing what they did. DRM is not effective. All it does its make the people that way to stay in legal channels have a harder time of it. It makes the pirating path the easier choice.

Bottom line, IMO, DRM ENCOURAGES piracy.

But I do not want to come across as attacking you. I think it was very brave of you to stand up for the minority view on an internet forum. I highly respect that courage you showed.