View Single Post
Old 12-30-2010, 04:21 PM   #4
3bayjunkie
SPC
3bayjunkie knows what is on the back of the AURYN.3bayjunkie knows what is on the back of the AURYN.3bayjunkie knows what is on the back of the AURYN.3bayjunkie knows what is on the back of the AURYN.3bayjunkie knows what is on the back of the AURYN.3bayjunkie knows what is on the back of the AURYN.3bayjunkie knows what is on the back of the AURYN.3bayjunkie knows what is on the back of the AURYN.3bayjunkie knows what is on the back of the AURYN.3bayjunkie knows what is on the back of the AURYN.3bayjunkie knows what is on the back of the AURYN.

Device: Kindle 3 (3g,black)
Quote:
Originally Posted by osnova View Post
A Kindler posted the following review on Amazon for the new edition of the NIV Bible,
I purchased the older NIV version and had to exchange my Kindle out. Went to download the old version again and could not. The only similar version was this one. Amazon DID refund the old one and gave me a 6 dollar Kindle editions credit....which I could not use to help fund the purchase of this due to it being distributed by Zondervan eBooks.

That is why I gave a lower rating than I normally would. I felt it was just wrong how this recent update was handled. I hope I don't have to repurchase this again next year and have to lose ALL my notes and highlights!

As for the NIV, it's good. Just beware when dealing with reference texts on the Amazon Kindle.
My take:

If this is indeed how it happened, it is troubling. I can only assume that this was Zondervan's decision because Amazon should have learned their lesson after deleting 1984 and other Orwell's books from customers' Kindles in 2009. I do understand that this is somewhat different (deleting from the Kindle versus deleting from the customer's archive on Amazon's server).

I predict that this (mis)conduct will end up undermining their position that electronic books are licensed, not sold. Over time the courts will accord the electrons the same property rights as the molecules invalidating "licenses" to the contrary.
I saw that same review because i bought this bible just yesterday. now i need to find a good KJV one because thats what my pastor reads from...
3bayjunkie is offline   Reply With Quote