Thread: Tablet ?
View Single Post
Old 05-30-2007, 07:59 PM   #5
Liviu_5
Books and more books
Liviu_5 juggles neatly with hedgehogs.Liviu_5 juggles neatly with hedgehogs.Liviu_5 juggles neatly with hedgehogs.Liviu_5 juggles neatly with hedgehogs.Liviu_5 juggles neatly with hedgehogs.Liviu_5 juggles neatly with hedgehogs.Liviu_5 juggles neatly with hedgehogs.Liviu_5 juggles neatly with hedgehogs.Liviu_5 juggles neatly with hedgehogs.Liviu_5 juggles neatly with hedgehogs.Liviu_5 juggles neatly with hedgehogs.

Device: Nook Color, Itouch, Nokia770, Sony 650, Sony 700(dead), Ebk(given)
I bought a 250$ or so used Fujitsu tablet last year (before my Nokia, after my Ebk) mainly to read technical stuff in bed.

It runs W2000, has a 10GB drive, the wifi card it came with works with my router so I can use the net in bed quite nicely, it's reasonably fast though typing is slow with the pen, it's 10'' 800x600 and can be rotated vertically, usb works ok, battery about 2.5hrs, weighs about 2.5 lbs, hard to use it one handed, but works nicely supported on the knees like a fat hardcover...

I installed all the standard programs (MsReader, Adobe, uBook) and I use it ocasionally though not for fiction where I vastly prefer my handhelds, but it's nice to read on it, oriented vertically, with your reading software maximized and the turn page buttons placed within convenient finger reaching, it's like a big hardcover.
Liviu_5 is offline   Reply With Quote