View Single Post
Old 04-14-2013, 05:13 PM   #6
MickiTee
Guru
MickiTee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickiTee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickiTee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickiTee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickiTee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickiTee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickiTee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickiTee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickiTee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickiTee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickiTee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505, Pocketbook TL3, TL4, TL5
Try SQL Practical Guide for Developers by Michael J Donahoo and its available in epub and Kindle formats. I used this when I needed to learn SQL and its very good at covering the fundamentals of the language.

Another good option is the SAM's Teach Yourself SQL. Just make sure you get the current edition.

You didn't say which SQL database you would be using. This is very important as there are small but significant differences between the various platforms. If you stick to a generic SQL book then I would also recommend O'Reilly's SQL Pocket Guide which is a good quick reference guide but also shows the code for each platform i.e MS SQL, Oracle, MySQL etc. I found it really helpful when I first started coding in SQL as an aide memoire.
MickiTee is offline   Reply With Quote