View Single Post
Old 04-08-2014, 02:25 PM   #137
fjtorres
Grand Sorcerer
fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: T100TA,PW2,PRS-T1,KT,FireHD 8.9,K2, PB360,BeBook One,Axim51v,TC1000
Quote:
Originally Posted by wizwor View Post
They're all interesting. Lots of choice all of a sudden. All have shortcomings. For me, the biggest flaw in the Channels streamer is the lack of a DVR. If the idea is to not leave the Mohu interface, then one is probably going to want to record and playback shows. I like the Simple DVR, but there is now a Tablo alternative, and MediaMall has PlayLater. One of these would be a big plus.
I picked up Playlater when they had a sale but haven't had a chance to try it yet.
I may need to upgrade ghe desktop to use it the way I'd prefer.

Basically there is a media player STB bubble inflating right now with a zillion players aiming for the living room, blithely ignoring that at least half the market already belongs to Microsoft and Sony.

All bubbles pop and this is about a year away from popping.
fjtorres is offline   Reply With Quote