View Single Post
Old 02-05-2013, 07:58 AM   #22088
wannabee
Media Bloke
wannabee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wannabee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wannabee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wannabee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wannabee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wannabee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wannabee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wannabee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wannabee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wannabee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wannabee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iOS
I just had the biggest rant so I've stuck it in a spoiler.
Spoiler:
This place is over regulated and over rated. Latest news is Sydney is the 3rd most expensive city in the world to live.

Electricity up from $350 a quarter last year to $850 with no usage change. Water from $120 up to $265 a quarter. At least we have it, unlike some parts of the world.
I'm leaving my comfort zone very fast.

Petrol varies from $1.40 to $1.60 per litre and it goes up and down every few days.
Car rego for a tiny hatchback $250, State 3rd party insurance $750 plus regular insurance in case of accident or theft.
A bus trip to work. (22klm - about 10 miles) $9.90 each way.

You can't buy any electrical equipment that is made in Australia any more. Along with clothing and most other manufacturing it's all outsourced to China.
Look at the size of the place and they're plowing up the fertile farming land and building housing estates down one end of town and drilling and making open cut coal mines of the rest of the place and the supermarket is full of imported food. AND . . . there's only two supermarkets!!!! They have forced the prices of local produce down to the point farmers are walking of their land. And worse suicide. (About 1 a day)
Take a last look around because most of what we have here in Australia is being dug up and shipped to China faster than you can blink.

As long as the banks make a quid and keep the pollies happy the taxpayer pays the debt.

The bloody debt . . . . . tha's a whole nuva rant
Every time one of our Federal Treasurers sucks up to the U.N. and does what they say they get honoured as GET THIS . . . "World's Best Treasurer"

Three so far. Bit of a coincidence. Keating, Costello and Swan who hasn't balanced the books since he took the job . . . .

Ahhhhrg ..

Watch out if you get in the way of one of our politicians and a bag of cash. Biggest bunch of corrupt bastards since the Rum Rebellion.

Alright . . the clock's about to strike twelve. That's the sign to shut up but there's still lots of rant left.
wannabee is offline   Reply With Quote