View Single Post
Old 01-29-2012, 06:39 PM   #12
DreamWriter
Books are brain food.
DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite · Fire HD6/HD8/HD10 · Galaxy Tab A7
I played with the Fire at Best Buy and I think it's a very nice device, but unfortunately it doesn't offer the hardware I want, like SD card storage and HDMI-out, so I had to pass. If Amazon had released a full-featured, 10" tablet last month I would have given it serious consideration.

But I didn't want to wait to see if Amazon comes out with a new model. There were so many good tablet deals elsewhere last month. I lucked out and got a 10.1" 32GB Acer Iconia A500 for $230 and a 7" Acer Iconia A100 for $189. I can read my Kindle books using the app, I have access to both Android Market and Amazon Appstore, and I can use a bluetooth keyboard. I can stream Amazon instant videos to the tablet and watch them on my TV via HDMI cable. The Acer tablets do everything I need them to do, so I won't be considering a tablet from Amazon in the near future. For me, Amazon will be just a bit too late.
DreamWriter is offline   Reply With Quote