View Single Post
Old 02-05-2010, 10:17 AM   #7
wallcraft
reader
wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Kobo Glo HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by mowbray View Post
Do I now have the answer as to why I can search within a PDF for a word, but if I do a search from the home screen for the same word that it doesnt bring up the PDF document containing it?
Yes. The global indexing only includes the metadata of PDFs, so you can probably find the author and title but not the contents.

Search within the open PDF is supported, and adding a 3rd party PDF reader won't help with the missing global indexing/search.
wallcraft is offline   Reply With Quote