View Single Post
Old 10-07-2012, 07:21 AM   #3
Xwang
Connoisseur
Xwang ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xwang ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xwang ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xwang ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xwang ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xwang ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xwang ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xwang ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xwang ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xwang ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xwang ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
Why dont you simply use a case insensitive file system for linux? There are various FUSE based alternatives that will do the trick.
Do you mean ciopfs? Or which ever?
I did not known it, but I can verify if it resolves the first part of the problem.
The second one (the possibility to create under linux path longer than 256 characters) will remain unsolved (I've encountered such a problem having added a book under linux with a long name created by searching metadata on the net).
But this second issue seems to me more important than the previous one.
Xwang
Xwang is offline   Reply With Quote