View Single Post
Old 05-20-2008, 10:12 PM   #1
Taylor514ce
Actively passive.
Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505/LC
Baen Recommendations

A search here for Baen Free Library brings up too many results to be immediately useful, as does SF or SciFi recommendations, etc. So I'd like to add to the noise of course, by starting a new thread.

Let's limit it to the current Free Library offerings. I want top 5 recommendations from everyone. If it helps, I'm a fan of the following SF authors in no particular order, so anyone who writes as well would be a great find for me:

1. Greg Bear, Eon and Eternity were both mind-blowing
2. Vernor Vinge, his Zones of Thoughts novels were excellent, best-realized aliens I've yet read
3. Neal Stephenson - Snow Crash, Diamond Age? Wow.
4. William Gibson - we're not worthy

I like Asimov, of course, but more from nostalgia. I don't need to re-read the Foundation series or the Robots of the Dawn series... I read them 50 times as a teenager.

I loved Old Man's War by Scalzi.

That should be enough to give SF readers a good idea of what I like. So, what should I download from BFL and read next?

Last edited by Taylor514ce; 05-20-2008 at 11:11 PM.
Taylor514ce is offline   Reply With Quote