View Single Post
Old 10-13-2011, 08:49 PM   #5
yifanlu
Kindle Dissector
yifanlu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yifanlu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yifanlu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yifanlu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yifanlu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yifanlu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yifanlu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yifanlu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yifanlu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yifanlu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yifanlu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Amazon Kindle 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by timofonic View Post
Nice, thanks for the information.

Anyway, how to do it? I did see a forum thread about the serial console for Kindle DX, I suposse it's the same than the Kindle DX Graphite. Am I right?

And how to do the recovery process over the serial console? I didn't find instructions for it, nor if I need to upload the firmware or rootfs in some special way.

yifanlu's kernel? What's that?
If you used the hack that allows your DX to run 3.1 software, you have my brick protection kernel that allows running unsigned recovery packages. If not, you need serial port access.
yifanlu is offline   Reply With Quote